Service Times

Service Times

Each Sunday

8.30 am
:
Holy Communion in Small Hall of Parish Centre.

11.00 am:
1st Sunday Holy Communion
2nd Sunday Morning Prayer
3rd Sunday Holy Communion
4th Sunday Service of The Word - Family Service
5th Sunday Morning Prayer

Tuesday 17 March 2009

Prayers From Our Archbishop

In the Archbishop’s Letter published in the March Church Review magazine he quoted the following prayers that may help people through the difficult times that we face ahead. He found the prayers on the Church of England web site www.cofe.anglican.org

“One of the key contributions that we can each make as individuals and as churches is to pray. We can and must pray about our own difficulties and about the crises that others face as well” + John Dublin and Glendalough.

Lord God, we live in disturbing days: across the world, prices rise, debts increase, banks collapse, jobs are taken away, and fragile security is under threat. Loving God, meet us in our fear and hear our prayer: be a tower of strength amidst the shifting sand, and a light in the darkness; help us receive your gift of peace, and fix our hearts where true joys are to be found, in Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen

‘Redundant’ – the word says it all- ‘useless, unnecessary,
without purpose, surplus to requirements.’

Thank you, Heavenly Father, that in the middle of the sadness, the anger, the uncertainty, the pain, I can talk to you. Hear me as I cry out in confusion, help me to think clearly, and calm my soul, as life carries on, may I know your presence with me each and every day. And as I look to the future, help me to look for fresh opportunities, for new directions. Guide me by your Spirit, and show me your path, through Jesus, the way, the truth and the life. Amen.